||DISCLAIMER & PRIVACY STATEMENT
(1) PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement sets out how Tamil Writers Guild (TWG) use and protect any information that you provide as part of your involvement with this organisation.
TWG is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TWG may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
1. WHOSE DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We hold data on those who have given or might give financial or other support to TWG e.g. members, potential members, guests at events and funders/sponsors.
2. WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
* contact and demographic information including email address
* your connections to other organisations and people (e.g. your employer) and your job title
* your contacts within the TWG
* details of your membership to TWG
* records of your interactions with TWG for example: attendance at events, reminder and thank you notifications or other information we have sent you
3. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will process your personal information for our legitimate business and charitable interests which include some or all of the following:
* Managing your membership;
* Notifying you of changes to our services
* Sending communications which you have requested/maybe of interest to you
* To seek your comments/views on our services
* Internal record keeping
* Recording of area of work to assist with our ability to target in our circulation of information
* To undertake statistical analysis e.g. geographic reach.
To send you emails:
* To promote our aims, publicise our events and services and, provide updates on local, regional and national community education/development matters.
* To occasionally contact you about the work of TWG. You will always have the ability to decline future contact.
To send you invitations:
* To invite you to events that we think may be of interest to you.
4. BASIS FOR PROCESSING THIS INFORMATION
TWG relies on its legitimate interest to process information on its stakeholders, members and their contacts, as all have expressed an interest in our activities by either becoming a an affiliated member or attending TWG events and supporting our annual general meetings.
For email communications, we will obtain and record explicit consent, which you can withdraw at any time by contacting us using the details below.
5. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary. This will normally be for a maximum of one year after our relationship with you has ceased although we are occasionally required to hold data for longer periods for specific programmes or financial administration.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
The law requires us to tell you that you have a variety of rights about the way we process your data.
These are as follows:
* Where our use of your data requires consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
* Where we rely on our legitimate interest to process data, you may ask us to stop doing so.
* You may request a copy of the data we hold about you.
* You may change or stop the way in which we communicate with you or process data about you, and if it is not required for the purpose you provided it, then we will do so.
* If you are not satisfied with the way we have processed your data then you can complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
* You can ask us to remove you from our database at any time by emailing us at 'info @ tamilwritersguild.com' or 'undo @ tamilwritersguild.com'.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to: 'info @ tamilwritersguild.com'
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to unsubscribe form receiving any further emails from TWG, please write to us at 'undo @ tamilwritersguild.com'
All news items on the TWG website are generally, drawn from other news sources such as wire services; web pages; international newspapers and other publications. We shall not be not responsible for the accuracy of the information; nature of the contents or references to persons or events derived from any of the source material.
Linked sites or any further links from the linked sites are provided at your risk for your convenience and are beyond our control. Additionally, some of the news; analysis; features and comments on the TWG website may be from independent writers. The views expressed by these writers are not necessarily shared by the TWG and the TWG shall not be liable for any inaccuracy of content or reliability of the material.
All inquiries; replies or rebuttals to news reports, feature articles; opinions; editorials and other such, on the TWG website, where the author is indicated, should be directed to the author via the editor who will direct them, where necessary, to the relevant person or persons for a response if required. TWG shall endeavour without recourse, where practical, to correct bonafide errors of a material nature on our website by a subsequent correction or retraction.
The TWG shall not be responsible or liable for any goods or services that may be purchased from advertisers on the TWG website. The TWG shall not be held responsible for any claims made by advertisers or their customers due to error; omission or inaccuracy in the advertising material published. Any business dealings with the advertisers will be the responsibility of the purchaser of the goods or services advertised. The TWG shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any business transaction with any of our advertisers. It will be the responsibility of the persons contacting the advertisers to verify the information provided by them.
The TWG does not endorse any of the goods or services advertised or otherwise appearing on our site. We take no responsibility for or guarantee the suitability or satisfactory nature of any of the goods or services you may purchase from a third party you may have contacted whether on our site or any linked sites.
Any unauthorised use or redistribution of the copyright content of the TWG website is strictly prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from the editor of the TWG